Monday, December 4, 2023

Custom GPTs can run only Python code

I just discovered that OpenAI's custom GPTs cannot run compiled code like C++ - just Python.

That's an interesting limitation of these things, and one that I suspect will disappear in the not-so-distant future, probability to do with how simple the temporary environments need to be that execute the code.

In any case, it means my backgammon bots - for now! - will need to be pure Python. That said, the Python environment does have most of the standard numerical Python packages like numpy and pandas, and more advanced packages like scipy and sklearn that themselves contain some machine learning functionality. So maybe I'll try to build an sklearn-based neural net and see if that works better than my hand-rolled one that uses numpy vectorization.


No comments:

Post a Comment